View Single Post
Old
02-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
if we were to acquire Jokinen... i would expect our top two lines to be...

Gagne-Forsberg-Knuble
Nedved-Jokinen-Kapanen

...how that might shake-out in following years is something i'm not really sure about. i have heard about the Jokinen wing idea, and that would make me even more interested in making a move for him.
I could definitely live with those lines, as long as Richards and Carter still got some ice-time. If we had to solely depend on those 2 lines, there might be trouble. But if everyone still contributes like before the break, things should be good.

I don't think there's any question Clarke will bring in at least another forward. The question is, which one of the fringe players gets waived?

Going with your top 2 lines, the bottom two will be:

Handzus-Richards-
Umberger-Carter-

And then we have left: Savage, Brashear, Radio, Stevenson. Even if the acquired forward is Drake, Parrish, etc, the same question applies. Ideally, one of these players is a throw-in, but someone's going to have to be waived. I think Savage has to be on his way out. Brashear's contract is tough to get rid of, plus I think the Flyers still like what he brings. Stevenson has played better since getting the short-leg problem fixed. Also, Radio is still young and is a great energy guy. I think we'll see a deal that might include Radio (+ a pick?) for Parrish or Drake. He is the most logical to be baited considering the other 3 "leftovers" are older.