View Single Post
Old
02-26-2006, 11:51 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
A number of people have said that Jokinen can play wing, similarly to Nedved in that it doesn't seem to matter where he plays, he's not married to a position. Jokinen plays both centre and wing in Florida if I'm not mistaken and I believe most people anticipating this trade have penciled him in as a winger.
He can play wing, not sure what his preference is though, not that it matters. I do agree that he would be on the 2nd line with Nedved as someone else posted. Again, we can agree to disagree and I do not mean to keep repeating myself but I just get concerned about chemistry. Everyone, myself included, dont always think about this when proposing trades. For example, the Canes made a big splash getting Doug Weight, right? Well, they were a team with many centers, a couple playing wing and now have moved people around and cant find someone to pair with Weight. He has been playing on the "3rd" line and hasnt had any points and is a -3 in his first 5 games with them. Is this just an adjustment period? Maybe. But, in order to pair him with a goal scorer they are going to need to break up either Brind'amour and Williams who have been great together or the top line of Cole Stillman and Staal who have all played great together. This could really mess up the chemistry of their team. IMO they would have been much better brining in another winger to play with Williams and Brind'amour.