View Single Post
Old
02-27-2006, 12:17 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr
Getting one of these guys would also leave some room to get a decent dman. The other part in getting Jokinen that I didnt address in my MANY posts is resigning him. How does that impact resigning Gagne and Johnsson or his replacement?? Gagne is obviously going to be due a huge raise.
I agree, I think getting another NHL calibre defenseman is just as important, if not more important than getting another forward. I think Meyer will be good in this league, but he's not there yet, same with Jones, and we're all obviously in agreement that Bundy belongs in a dungeon somewhere and not on the ice.

I also think the price we'd pay to get someone like Jokinen would impact whether he's worth re-signing. It's not definite at all that he could be had for Umberger, but if you give up a player with the potential of RJ, you'd want to make sure Jokinen is more than a rental. But if Jokinen can be had for a package of picks and a couple players lesser than Umberger, then I don't think it's as big a deal to re-sign him. You're also right in that the impact any new player will have on contract negotiations over the summer better be minimal.