View Single Post
Old
04-03-2012, 07:36 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
@101 I agree it all "balanced out" in terms of value. but I also don't think we were in such a need to add 3 significant pieces. I thought our team was pretty solid to begin with... and that doesn't count radulov.. I wonder if poile would change his deadline deals if he knew rads was coming back 100%
He probably does ... but Radulov wasn't a 100% done deal until he got off the plane. The Smithson trade was a precursor to needing a guy like Goose. Neither Wilson nor Smith is as defensively responsible, good at using their size to disrupt a cycle, or effective at the dot as Goose. Goose can play the 3rd or 4th line ... not exactly an option Smithers realistically gave us (and this coming from a guy who owns a Smithson jersey). AK became our forward acquisition in lieu of Radulov. Bringing in both AK and Radulov doomed Wilson unless he was making it impossible to sit him with his play ... and he didn't do that. There's just too many talented guys for the top 9 wings and not enough slots to play them all.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote