Thread: Money To Spend?
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2006, 11:11 AM
TheKingPin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
It will be interesting to see what Vancouver actually gives up. If the price is a first round pick, I can reluctantly live with it. But if its a roster player or a top prospect, who would they give up? They arent exactly stocked with high quality trade assets they can easily part with.

Though they might not do this, I think Vancouver needs to realize that this is just not their year and look to the future. Naslund has had an off year, their defense corps is probably the worst in the NHL with all the injuries (adding Witt or Weinrich isnt enough to overcome this defficiency), and their goaltending is not great either.
Yea I agree. They should try and make the playoffs but it s not like they are a trade away from being even close to being the favorites.

I noticed many comments about Tkakuck. I mentioned him purley as a way to look at the cap situation. I dont think he is a good fit here, we all ready have our big man in Kunuble. What we need is another finisher to max out on Nedveds skill. I agreee that we should only trade picks unless we can get Jokinen and have 50/50 shot atleast in resigning him. Foppa is only with us for one more year so a great center may be a good thing to invest in now. I guess we could always sign free agents though or hope that Cartr will be a dominant #1 center eventually.