View Single Post
Old
02-27-2006, 11:31 AM
A Flock Of Seguins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by facts
This is a team that dealt Joe Thornton whom was under a new contract so don't tell me they wouldn't trade Boynton and Samsonov. Actually this is probably one of the better proposals on this board.
This is a team that, despite MOC, isn't dumb enough to trade such an important winger as Sammy without getting a winger back. They need a genuine 2nd line center but aren't going to instantly destroy that 2nd line by trading the key player on it. The 2nd liner is needed to unlock Sammy and Muzz who've been playing with losers, if anything Boynton is the more likely trade as the D is relatively anchored over there, although Leetch is the favourable trade-loss as he doesn't fit in Boston. He's as useful as ever on the powerplay and still a totally solid D-man, not worth quite the money he's on but definitely valuable as a Blue-line anchor rental.

Doubtful, expect to see Leetch go somewhere they're crying out for a PP and Blueline rock for a relatively good playmaking center, though with MOC missing the obvious pickups in Reinprecht/Nedved, I doubt a clever trade is coming out of this, though Cajanek's name has been floating around which I oddly like the sound of.