View Single Post
Old
02-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Fish

vCash: 500
This has to be one of the funniest threads I've read lately...so here goes my 2 cents:

Weekes has the inside track on starting on Thursday, though it looks like (from Saturday's papers at least) that he left the door open for someone else...presumably Lundqvist.

Holt was called up on the 23rd to provide two goalies at practice, and was sent down yesterday to Charlotte. Montoya was called up, leaving only Gherson in Hartford...and Hartford play again on Wednesday...presumably with two goalies.

What do I think is most likely?

They needed someone for practice today and thought they'd kill two birds with one stone and check in on Montoya's progress. They couldn't call him up earlier because of the groin injury, and then three games this weekend (one start, two backup), and so Holt was called up.

Montoya will then get sent back down for Wednesday's game, but could be called up for Thursday if the Rangers decide to give Lundqvist the complete night off in Philadelphia. I would however, think that is unlikely.

There's always the chance that they're looking to see how he looks to make a decision on moving Weekes, but I would think that's less likely. After all he's in his first pro year, is 20 and has already had two injuries this year.