View Single Post
Old
02-27-2006, 02:54 PM
sansan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
ok maybe he CANT stop a breakaway or a PS is a bit much but he has struggled quite a bit in that area this season. just look at that Carolina and the Nashville games as examples.
I am not trying to say that Niittymaki isnt a good goalie, he obviously is but both our goaltenders have flaws. We all know about Esche's rebounds.
Niittymaki is young and I am sure with some help and some coaching can work that out, I am jsut saying RIGHT NOW he is struggling in that area of his game, and I will say it once I will say it again we need better efforts out of both our goalies when we start back back up again against the Debbies.
To be fair, I don't think the weakenesses of the goalies are a major problem right now for the team and the topic is seriously beaten to death in these endless goalie threads. People seem to have a love/hate relationship with this so called goalie controversy.

The way I see it, if the Flyers played better team D and cut down on the brain farts/missed coverage/ill-timed pinching that leads to breakaways/2 on 1s, goaltending wouldn't be an issue yet there is very little discussion on this. Am I the only one who sees it this way?