View Single Post
Old
04-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh View Post
I hope Voynov becomes Lubomir Visnovsky v. 2.0.
Just don't trade this one for Anton Lander and Colten Teubert

The best part of Voynov's game is his uncanny ability to get into open spaces in the offensive zone. That and he puts his shots on net, which has been a huge problem with our PP guys the past couple of years (Doughty, JJ and Stool)

I think he should be on the #1 PP unit, whether it's replacing DD or Richards it doesn't matter, he has been better on the PP than both of them.

But another thing to consider, man how awful was TM at evaluating talent. I like AMart, but no way should VV have ever been in the minors this season. This goes along with King and Nolan who were sent to the minors while Moreau and Hunter played regularly. His ridiculous obsession with toughness (Ivanans or Westy always in the lineup). So much for the "need" to have a heavyweight in the lineup, team sure seems to be clicking without anything close to a goon

We can argue whatever we want about TM and whether the younger players progressed or regressed under him, but I think we can all agree this team was never going to win with him behind the bench.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote