View Single Post
Old
04-04-2012, 01:10 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Anyone who wore a letter heading into this season should be removed from the team.

Anyone who will be a UFA should be allowed to walk.

There, that's a 3rd of the squad turned over. It's a start.
I totally agree. At this point it's not even about culpability as much as it is about change of leadership for its own sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
This is where they'll start the plan they've talked about to get the team younger. It seemed like a long shot to make the moves at the deadline, but the thing is for some of the players I don't think they're going to get that much value.
You'd like to think that this was the last ditch chance for this older guard to show the new boss that they have what it takes. If no significant changes happen this offseason then Nieuwendyk will prove himself a weak front office leader. It's not about being buddy buddy with a guy who at one point bled green and gold it's about doing what's best for the organism that is the Dallas Stars. The greater good cannot excell under current circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I don't understand how you think a guy deserving of being on the 3rd pairing can also deserve to be on the PP? He's at the very least a 2nd pairing defenseman, I just don't think they've gotten the right partner for him this season.
Bottom pairing guys get PP minutes all the time. It's really no different from bottom pairing defenders who kill penalties. That too happens all the time.

I don't think Goligoski had just a ton of blossoming to do when he was traded. What he was is what he is, a player who is more of a 4th-5th best defenseman on a team that has legitimate expectations of making any noise in the playoffs.