View Single Post
Old
11-18-2003, 02:02 PM
habitants9_4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
He's played in 4 games. He could have been playing in the CHL this year, as an overager, but has made the Dogs, which is a good step sort of. With Higgins, Perezhogin, Ferland, and Milroy, you got a lot of rookies on the team, and not much room. This time last year, Ryder was sitting out a lot, but after all the call ups, he got into the lineup full time, and never looked back. Milroy I think will be more like Balej from last year. Not much to write home about, but next year he should have an important role.
As I recall I have seen him play in 3 games, but from those games, he only got 1 scoring chance, which is dissapointing. He has a good attitude, just doesn't seem to have good strenght or defensive efforts that Jarvis is looking for. To compare him to Ryder from last year would be harsh, because Ryder was an impact from game #1 to the end, he worked his way up lines. I would love to see Milroy do that, but he just doesn't have the right skills yet. I think he will take a lot of time to get there, and I was simply pointing out the fact that there is a lot of positives, but hey thats what fans want to hear.