View Single Post
Old
04-04-2012, 09:50 AM
mti79

vCash: 500
Don't want to make a new thread, but I'm not sure this belongs here... oh well.. here goes.

So... say we win Thursday night and Vancouver loses. We'd have a 2 point lead and the tie breaker on them for the Presidents Trophy. St. Louis would need to win out to pass us. For the sake of this argument, let's assume they either drop a point tonight vs Detroit or Friday vs Phoenix so their game on Saturday with Dallas is irrelevant to us.

Now, also assume that Washington beats Florida in regulation tomorrow night putting them within 2 points of Florida with just one game remaining for each team and owning the tie breaker for the Southeast Division. Buffalo would need to win against Philly and Boston to make the playoffs and need Washington or Florida to lose their last game to get in. The Buffalo-Boston game is at 4pm while Washington plays us at 630 and Florida plays Carolina at 730.

Is there any way that we mail one in so that the Caps have a better chance to take the division, the #3 seed and the Devils in the first round leaving us with the Panthers if Carolina can win in regulation? Keeps Miller and the Sabres out, avoids AO and the Caps for the time being and presents the Rangers with what I think is a very favorable matchup.

Obviously this is a very hypothetical situation, but something that I noticed as my friends in Buffalo are all figuring out the math on how they get in. (I'm so relieved that we didn't have to do that this year). Just looking for the Rangers to go on a nice long post season run....

Feel free to discuss, comment or call me derogatory names...

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote