View Single Post
Old
04-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Trotz was asked about the lineups for the playoffs and who will be playing.
He said the top 9 forwards are set and Goose will be the center on the 4th line. He said the battles will be on the two wing positions and will be determined between (Toots, Yip, Smith, Halischuck) He went on to compliment Yip and how he is also able to use him on the penalty kill.
I think it's a mistake not to try and work in Wilson (for both short term and longer term reasons discussed at length already), but I figured this would be the case. Trotz overvalues Yip but Trotz has this particular viewpoint of what constitutes a playoff style roster and will stick with it whether it works or not. I see Yip and I think Trotz sees Ward.

Not to turn this into another Wilson thread, and to avoid repeating what everybody has already said, I'll offer a little different angle: I think the Wilson situation is one of the rare cases were Trotz and Poile have different viewpoints. Trotz wants to break Wilson at any cost and make him a two-way player that will eventually reduce his overall offensive ability (see years 1998-2012 for further evidence) and Poile sees Wilson as a young, offensively gifted player who he could potentially build around as part of the "core" going into the future. Point being I'm not so sure that what Trotz is doing with Wilson is necessarily what Poile has in mind long term. We'll find out this summer no doubt for sure.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote