View Single Post
Old
04-04-2012, 10:08 AM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
I love this, it's always stated as a definitive fact. I can say that if our PP hadn't been a black hole of suckitude, the Bolts would have made the playoffs, it's just as true.

Goaltending was bad, no arguement there. Defense was horrendous and that made it worse. Lightning goalies faced an average of 31 SA/game and the team averaged 22SF/game. That's bad team D.

And who exactly was Yzerman supposed to get once Roli started struggling. Canucks and Kings weren't going to trade off their back offs during the season. Another retread? Turco? He's been wonderful for Boston. Fact is, we were still in the playoff hunt until Garon was injured. It wasn't a given or maybe even likely, but he was playing well and the guys were playing better in front of him.
Exactly. Nobody is exactly just giving away #1 goalies.

You can't put all the blame on goaltending although it was a big problem. A lot of players disappointed this past season, we had numerous injuries, special teams went from top 10 to bottom 10, we were missing a coach, etc.. so there's enough blame to go around. All in all we were still very close to making to playoffs. We won as many games at home as we did last year and we have as many wins as the Panthers do. The difference in points between the Panthers and us is they have 18 OT losses.