View Single Post
Old
04-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Hanji

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwic View Post
Again, I said that 18YOs and 19YOs in the AHL (and especially the NHL) are the elite/semi-elite. If having 18YOs and 19YOs in the AHL was an advantage, more teams would being doing that with their drafted players. The reason they typically are not doing that is because many of those players have gotten seriously hurt or lose a lot of confidence when thrown into that situation (i.e. they are not strong enough to handle it). Playing in the NCAA and Major Junior helps protect their interests more by having a more level playing field. But again, that does not apply to all players. A few players are good enough to make the jump when drafted, just not all of them. I don't think Seth Jones is anywhere near ready for that jump, yet, but he has over a year's time to try to get ready enough to make that jump if called upon to do so.

Regardless of where Seth Jones chooses to spend the next year or where he ultimately gets drafted, he should be a lot of fun to watch.

Jones may not be ready for the NHL by the 2013-14 season, but he'll have outgrown the CHL by then.
He's already on par with guys like Dumba, Reilley, etc., so he'll gain nothing from playing in the CHL 2 years from now.
A year in the NCAA, followed by a year in the AHL would be the optimal development choice for him. imho of course.