View Single Post
Old
04-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
James van Riemsdyk, out since March 1 with a broken bone in his foot, hopes to rejoin the Philadelphia Flyers during the first round of playoffs.

The 22-year-old winger told Philly.com on Friday that he'll visit a doctor at the end of next week and hopes to get permission to skate, then work his way back into shape in a couple weeks. The 2012 NHL playoffs begin on April 11.

James van Riemsdyk broke his foot on March 1. (AP Photo)“There’s no reason to think that can’t happen,” he said. “I’m just doing all I can to stay positive, and being in a good mindset to get better. That’s all I can do right now.”

Van Riemsdyk, who has 11 goals in 43 games this season while struggling with a few different injuries, said has been working out, but “can’t do a lot of weight-bearing stuff at this point, so it’s been a lot of upper-body and core (exercises) and keeping that strong. Hopefully I’ll get in the pool and start doing some stuff with that, and go from there. When I get my boot off, things will start progressing a little better."
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...ttsburgh-pengu

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote