View Single Post
Old
04-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Hindsight 20/20. Lapierre never played like that for us (at the moment of the trade).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
it's not just hindsight... at the time of the trade it was clear we didn't get quality value in return for what Lapierre's potential was. That anaheim (with whom he didn't play much better than with us that year), was able to get more just one month later simply cemented what many thought at the time.

Lapierre was still very young, & had shown in his rise from fringe prospect to everyday NHler (including a few brief glimpses of excellent 3rd line ability/performance) enough to make a 5th + AHL prospect a bad return AT THE TIME.

that he was struggling a bit "at the moment of the trade" doesn't justify that the management team lacked the foresight to either let him work through it, or the schrewdness to get at least adequate return for him in trade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
The year before centering Lats and Kostopolos, he was playing like THAT !
Jacques "I dislike hits and emotion" Martin never had faith in him: when all your ES TOI is given to Pyatt and your PK TOI to, watch out... Cammalleri (!), you know your coach has zero faith in you. That (edit: combined with his ankle injury - he played through it in November and December. According to legit sources, he had difficulties removing his skates after the games) explains a large chunk of Lapierre's performance during the last weeks of his tenure with us imo.

I already mentioned it but Lapierre would look great on Eller's RW or at C with White on 4th.

Luckily for us we still have White and Dumont.

@ Jack Bourdain

No hindsight: Lapierre always was a relentless forechecker with lightning speed and size, a great pest with solid defensive awareness, a prolific hitter who steps his game up a notch come playoffs time and the guy was in love with Montreal.

He is and always was a solid bottom liner.

PS we badly need to retain more home grown talents like him.

PPS I edited this post numerous times! Heck... I did it again!

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 04-04-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: + ankle injury
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote