View Single Post
Old
04-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Quinteoilers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight414 View Post
If we end up picking Ryan Murray this draft, what do you guys think of targeting Nazem Kadri from T.O? Before you all lose your **** , let me explain why.

1.He's put up great numbers every where he's been, and is tearing up the AHL.

2.Toronto isn't handling his development very well. The Leafs management thinks the team is better then they are, and the kid is on a very short leash, keeps getting sent up and down, even when he plays well. There's speculation that him and the team are souring on each other.

3. He's faster and has greater hockey I.Q than Sam Gagner, and is 2 inches taller at 6'0. And he also plays with a nasty edge. Not a fighter, but a sort of Taylor Hall-lite fire (when he's on his game). I think having him with Hall and Hemsky would be great.

4. He's got unreal hands, which he can use at top speed, unlike Gagner, who can only use his hands in a shootout. And he has a sick wrist shot.

5. The only thing with him is strength. He's skinny for a 21 year old, but if can spend a good summer working out, he'll be even more NHL ready than he was the last 2 seasons.

6. Not saying he's a long term solution. But I see nothing with taking a gamble on him. Realistically, we'll have to offer up probably a 2nd+prospect for him. (but seeing Burke's trade history, we could probably get him and Toronto's lottery pick this year for former
3rd overall pick Cam Barker, whose just entering his prime!)

What do you guys think?
Should see if Luke Schenn is available as well. He needs a complete change of scenery.