View Single Post
Old
02-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinie77
I understand they would have to be signed, but it is not out of the realm of possibility given their lower impact to the cap, but their ability to play at a higher level now (Potulny). Given the lower impact would Clarke add his scoring punch at a lower price tag and attempt to dump someone for a pick by March 9?
You said impact too many times for me to even have a remote understanding of what you're trying to say. I'll give you my two cents anyways. You're not going to see Potulny or Downie in Orange and Black within the next two years, and that's a minimum. Potulny wants to finish out college and Downie still has alot of growing up to do.

With that said there is a huge transition between the NHL and juniors, there is simply no way they could contribute without being a liability. Rookies need that learning curve of the AHL and if you don't believe it then look at Joni. He had a solid rookie year but tailed off towards the end and inevitably became a liability in the playoffs. If that wasn't enough to frustrate an owner Pitkanen also received a concussion. During the layoff he spent a year in the AHL and came out of the system as a stud. Bottom line: Rushing things leave you looking like Mike Milbury.