View Single Post
Old
04-04-2012, 02:52 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Wow, a terribly negative and misinformed post. Would you rather the Canucks were outshooting their opponents and losing consistently or vice versa? Remember the days when the Canucks made every goalie in the NHL look like Vezina candidates? You can have it.

While the Canucks, at times, have given up a lot of shots, the scoring chances have been limited. For instance, during the Kings game the team gave up 38 shots, but save the last few moments the Kings were held to the outside almost all game. Was their victory a work of art? No. Does that matter? No.
Uh? How was my post "uninformed"? Were the Canucks not badly outshot in several of their past 7 wins? Did they not give up a lot of quality scoring chances in that? Were the goals against Luongo last night not high quality chances taken in the slot where their dmen missed coverages? Did they not give up odd-man rushes in every one of those games?

And weren't 6 of their 7 wins in that stretch against teams not currently in the playoffs? Did we really play that tough a 7 game stretch?

Has their offense through that stretch not been inconsistent? That 2nd line is sure produces as we should expect, right? Our top scorers in recent games are Higgins and Lapierre. That's not a cause for concern? Especially when, while only being without 1 of our top-6 guys (Daniel) the other 5 have combined for how many goals in the past 7 games? That inconsistency of offense doesn't concern anyone?

I've seen a lot of defensive breakdowns, odd-man rushes against, spectacular saves, and key offensive players we rely on gone cold, to not think there are some concerns in front of our goal right now.

If you take a 7-game win streak and ignore all that, then I think you're being far too positive for a team that simply doesn't look that strong.

And maybe the best indicator of that is how AV is handling his lines. When things are going great we don't see the constant line shuffling and key players being benched for long stretches. Instead AV has stapled Booth and Raymond - 2 of our top-6 guys - to the bench for long stretches, is playing a 4th liner on the top line, giving PP time to Ebbett, while on defense he's split up the top-4 long before Bieksa was out and has a rookie in Tanev next to Hamhuis on the top shutdown unit.

Clearly those are signs of a coach happy with the performances in his lineup, right? Or maybe AV is as clueless and misinformed as I seem to be?

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote