View Single Post
Old
04-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Shea Weber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
The thing is, players aren't just playing for the coaches, they're playing for one another. If Wilson doesn't hustle because he's mad at Trotz or just doesn't want to follow what's expected of him, he hurts the other players more than anything. I think that's what's gotten lost in this as well. Trotz wants everyone to buy into the team concept and not one person is more important than any other. If you don't take of your business, someone else will come into the lineup and do it the way I ask and also their teammates can depend on him.

While I think Wilson is a better offensive player than Yip, Yip is dependable in what he brings on the ice. That's what Trotz is after. He knows if he puts Yip out, he's going to hustle and play two way hockey. Trotz cannot depend on Wilson for that and if he has to bench him, so be it. He's doing it for the team, not because he dislikes Wilson and Wilson has to realize this is a profession, it's not personal and he's acting like a kid and taking it personally. It's a shame because if he got it he'd make our third line extremely strong.
What did he do/say that makes him acting like a kid taking it personally?

All I heard was him say he was disappointed to not be out there and he will work hard to get back on the roster.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote