View Single Post
Old
02-27-2006, 10:30 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I think you'll see, that which ever goalie plays best over the last 30 games will start game one of the playoffs, which is exactly as it should be.

I agree 100%. Obviously at this point in the season Hitch is not going to commit to either goalie. If he commits to one, what does that do for the other's confidence?? As much as I love Nitty, he is still young. People underate what Esche did in the playoffs last season. We were one game away from the cup with a severely beaten up team and minus a few defenseman. I still belive that if Ragnarson is healthy, we play for the cup and maybe win! He has battled some injuries this year (since the Flyers trainers stink!!!) and should be healthy at this point. It is still his job to lose. Nitty will have his chance. The AHL and the Olympics are not the NHL plain and simple.

Antero Niittymaki 34 2014 2.95 18 10 6 .896 2 2 99 948 0 1 0
Robert Esche 26 1506 3.15 15 6 3 .892 2 0 79 730 0 2 4

This doesnt convince me that Nitty is that much better at this point.

Hitch has won a stanley cup. Give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he is doing. I am almost positive that if over the next 30 games Nitty is that much better then Esche, Nitty will be starting.