Thread: Confirmed with Link: Brock Nelson Agrees to Entry Level Contract
View Single Post
Old
04-04-2012, 07:59 PM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie21 View Post
Funny thing is Hamonic is by far the best player on that list.
As long as the Isles don't rush him and let him progress at the AHL I couldn't disagree with you more. You can't tell me that the Isles signing and now taking over the development of one of thier first round draft picks is a bad thing. If they try to stick him on the big league roster next year that would be a mistake. But developing your own prospects in your system is the way to go. Maybe after next NCAA season Brock would be able to step right in. But the quality of play at the AHL is better then NCAA and also will get him used to playing against men. There's also something to having your prospects in your system so that when they do get the call to the big leagues the system they step into is the same system they've been playing all year.
I can. We suck at developing players. We have for a loooong time. JT didn't go through our development, Moulson didn't, Streit didn't, PAP didn't.....I firmly believe there are huge gaps in the overall game in our developmental program. Namely the physical game (OH! Wang no like violence!) and the power foreward game (I never see anyone in orange drive up the middle unless they're on a breakaway).

So I'd prefer to leave important prospects to those who actually can teach the game of hockey well.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote