View Single Post
Old
04-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
you're right, tonight's game = making the playoffs for years to come

It's nice to see them show up offensively, but you have heard of the concept of a big picture right? I would rather see us lighting it up in the SC finals some day. Not that this draft is going to ensure that, but it will definitely help.

Seguin on Boston
Stamkos on TB
Tavares in NYI

Tell me that those teams should have one whatever number of games to have avoided picking those players and that it would have made them better than drafting those guys
Seguin isn't really a good example, for one thing Boston would be a good team with or without him, second of all the player the Bruins flipped to rip off the Leafs and get him was a 5th pick. At this point even if we win all our remaining games, it's unlikely we will drop below 5th.

Second of all, even with multiple lotto picks, both Tampa and the Islanders are missing the playoffs again.

Third, even if we draft second, we aren't getting a can't miss prospect like Tavares or Stamkos. The biggest reason for wanting to get a better pick at this point for me is a greater chance to draft Yakupov, and even then it's going to come down to blind luck. The other three top forwards in this draft may be franchise players, but they also have bust potential. Sadly we aren't drafting Tavares.

In an ideal world we will lose the remaining games, but they will be close. I'm not saying a winning streak is the answer, but I'd rather see these guys finish the season with pride than get humiliated in the remaining games. These things do take their toll.

Chances are, no matter who we draft, the impact of that player on the team next year will be negligible at best.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote