View Single Post
Old
11-18-2003, 04:19 PM
sensens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
Everything. The defensive zone coverage is probably the worst, giveways coming out the wahzoo.
True enough... it's a bad combination of sloppy and listless out there. They've looked kind of disorganized for a few games now, and I also think that there are a number of players who need to try to simplify their games - most notably Spezza, Havlat & Rachunek.

I long to see Spezza start dumping it in, rather than trying that tiresome dipsy-doodle move over and over. It's just a turnover at the blue line every single time...

They're clearly in a funk - hopefully something happens to snap them out of it - some benchings or something, because I'd really hate to see it come to a trade. Maybe White coming back will help spark Alfredsson 5-on-5 a bit and spread the offense out a bit. Right now the 'O' is far too PP-dependant (as, in retrospect, perhaps it has been for the past couple of years now). As much as I love Peter Schaefer getting big ice time, I wouldn't mind seeing Schastlivy get another chance beside White and Alfredsson, as he did last year.