View Single Post
Old
04-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I find it odd that so many people don't put any blame on Plekanec for his play this year...yes I get that there's been a revolving door of wingers with him all year, but his play has been below average for most of the year. Too many people focusing on his wingers and ignoring Plekanec's play...he's made terrible decisions with the puck, Habs need better distribution decisios froom a guy they're paying 5M a year, also i'm not sure if he's injured but he's spent the better part of the year avoiding all contact. Plekanec has been outplayed largely by Desharnais and Eller this year Habs better hope Plekanec has a bounce back year next year...
IMO you should take a more analytical look at what's going on. The Habs have become a one-line team with shallow depth. Most of the other Hab forwards contribute very little offense: Bourque, Geoffrion, White, Palushaj, Blunden, Leblanc, Moen, Staubitz, Gomez, and various call-ups. Trading away Kostitsyn aggravated the situation, as did the injury to Gionta and the virtual disappearance of Cammalleri. Who was left to support Plekanec? What were Plekanec's on-ice responsibilities, checking the top lines and carrying most of the penalty killing? By no means has Eller outplayed Plekanec. He was benched on more than one occasion, remember?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote