View Single Post
Old
04-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thRoundPick View Post
I don't entirely agree. I think that if Horton is cleared medically, and once he's been practicing enough that he's back up to speed, he will be in the lineup.

I understand the fear, and that a players' health is #1, but this is their job. They are paid a lot of money to do their job, and all professional hockey players know that this job comes with the risk of injury. I fully expect the Bruins to take all steps in ensuring that Horton has fully recovered - but once Horton has cleared all hurdles, he will play. Besides, do you think he wants to sit out if he's healthy? Not a chance! He's push with as much weight as he can muster to get himself into the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsForItEveryYear View Post
seriously you need to stop with this rhetoric. he wouldnt be out skating for 40 min if there wasnt still a chance to return during the playoffs. that doesnt mean hes going to sneak back into the lineup and reinjure himself. it simply means hes gone through all the proper medical tests in order to resume playing hockey.

if he has some symptoms pop back up during skating he will be shut down but if he feels 100% they will continue to move forward. if the bruins are in this thing long enough for him to get in game shape their is zero reason he wont play.

everyone here knows its still a long shot but that doesnt mean we cant hope for the best possible scenario that he returns in time to bury a few game winners on our way to back to back cups.
I'm not saying to stop hoping but you have to be realistic when dealing with these kinds of situations.

It doesn't matter if he's feeling better, symptom free and in shape. The Bruins will not jeopardize his long term health just to win the Cup.

Savvy was like this and look what happened. The Bruins are going to be even more cautious with Horty. He's a huge part of this team but you have to look at the potential long term ramifications before making a final decision.

Also, while it would be awesome to get him back it is going to mess with the team's chemistry on ice.

I am Boston Strong