View Single Post
Old
04-05-2012, 10:15 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Yeah, he should easily be producing at a Grabovski or Wisniewski rate for that much money!
My problem isn't so much his salary, my issue is he's spent a whole lot of time on the ice this year and hasn't accomplished much.

And I don't buy the 'wingers' argument cause he started out the year playing with Cammy and Cole, then had a combination of Kostitsyn/Cammy/Gionta. It wasn't until later in the year when the season was essentially lost that he started to play with guys like Geoffrion, White and Blunden.

If Plekanec hasn't benefitted from playing with Cole & Pacioretty, it's cause his play hasn't warranted it.

I don't think all his lost...but he'll have to step up his game big time next year, or it won't matter who he's playing with.

lets also not ignore that two of his previous wingers, Andrei Kostitsyn and Mike Cammalleri, have produced at higher rates since they've moved on to other teams, then they did the majority of the time playing with Plekanec. In fact, both of Cammy and AK's better games this year have been with centers other than Plekanec when they still played for Montreal

417 is offline   Reply With Quote