View Single Post
Old
04-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I think it's a combination of BOTH...his wingers haven't played well this year, but neither has he.

It's not fair to just blame it on his wingers, he has his share of responsibility in his performance this year.

And I definitely don't buy the angle that he holds onto the puck because he knows his wingers aren't good enough. If that's true, then the issue is a much deeper one.
I think you're a bit harsh. To say he hasn't played well is a stretch. Not his best year at all, but I don't think he's been bad.

As for holding becoming more individualistic, I think it's only normal. Agree to disagree there. What has affected Plek the most is the system, or lack there of, and his wingers.
You can give Plek some blame, but because this guy works so hard, had 25 in 32 before the coaching change, has gotten the responsibility of reviving teammates, is great defensively and one of the best PK forwards in the NHL, gathered 52pts playing with scrappers for a good portion of the year, and never complained, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

He'll be the last person I point to in order to blame him for his average season.

On a side note, what is sad is that we wasted Eller this year since RC took over. We should have been given this kid chances at top 6 duties, every now and then, as well as centering a unit on the PP, just to see if he could step up in a higher role. We already know he creates a lot more things with offensive wingers, so it would have been nice to see, and I expected it to happen with RC. It could have shown us that Plekanec is more expendable. We'd know if Eller could be ready to take over next for a top 2 center role next year. Now it's still remains a question mark.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote