View Single Post
Old
04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Steelhead16

vCash: 500
In 40+ years there have been many but a couple not too long ago:

I was playing pickup at lunchtime and the rink I was playing on has a pizza restaraunt at one end with huge windows 8' from the boards. I was playing defense in front of the net and some guy takes a slap shot from the high slot that catches me square in the cup at a steep rising angle since he was only 10' from me. I've been hit there quite a few times but nothing like this one. I went down in a heap and after about 2 mins I could finally talk and breath and sat up. There were probably 50 people shoving pizza in their pie holes and laughing at me through the windows.

Other one was also at pickup. Pretty decent amount of experienced guys but a few beginners and a couple were women. We were taking it pretty easy on all the beginners (not just the women). I crossed from the blue line toward the center ice faceoff dot and took an outlet pass at close to full speed at center ice. As soon as I turned forward this 5'-2" girl was standing dead still in front of me. I chipped the puck by her and then just dove to the right to try and keep from killing her. I still made a little contact with her and she fell too and we ended up just in front of the bench. Before I could say anything she pipes up in a little girl voice "are you okay"? Everyone on the bench just fell over laughing.

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote