View Single Post
Old
04-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Blame the US Civil War in the 1860s. It's a little blown out of proportion these days though. Basically the north tends to think they're more "civilized" and whatnot while Southerners tend to be backwards, slow, not as intelligent, etc. The joke is on the north these days though because like VFL615 said, the southern states are gaining a lot of people from the north because of things like more job opportunities, warmer weather, a more laid back culture, etc.
In England it's the other way around, with Southerners generally thinking they are more sophisticated and cultured while northerners tend to think of themselves as more down to earth and less pompous. The exception being Cornwall in the south west, where many people try to distance themselves from any part of England and would prefer to be self ruled or separated from England entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Letter To My Wife During The Hockey Playoffs

Dearest Love,

As you well know, you are the light of my life; you are my companion through the hills and valleys of this life. Being together with you and our children is what defines my very existence.

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with it, but there was a parody song during the lockout that hinted at the opposite of this. It was a parody of Green Day called 'Time With Your Wife' about what hockey fans would have to do with their new found time while the league was shut down. I tried to attach it with this post but it wouldn't work for some reason.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote