View Single Post
Old
02-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander
Good points TB... Pock is the best Offensive D-man prospect we got, like it or not. Rangers management have to find a way to exploit his offensive talent, and maybe pair him with a defensely responsible partner, such as Tyutin.. Look at Bryan McCabe in T.O.. he's not even near NHL good defensively, yet he's going to receive a 5+ million dollar contract... good offensive d-men are sought after everywhere, and Pock might be our only PP QB option... sadly..
Depends on how far the trade off is. McCabe isn't great defensivly but Pock has been below average at the AHL level. Unless he's putting up Paul Coffey like numbers, he's gotta get better at that.

I'm not a huge fan of Pock to be honest. I see a one way defenseman who from what I've seen, simply cannot play defense. And it'd take a Norris caliber stay at home type to balance out the possible points he bring to the table.

At 24 years old, he has to take it up a level. But right now I see a lot more John Slaney and Greg Hawgood in him than anything else.

Right now I don't think the team has a particular problem "moving" the puck. I do think they have a problem defending it at times.