Thread: Pock Recalled
View Single Post
Old
02-28-2006, 08:22 PM
McDonagh27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya
I'd be offended if you compared my offensive play to that of Poti or Roszival's. Our D generates the fewest points in the league. Any points they earn are by riding the coattails of your top two lines. So yeah, I think our top offensive defenseman in Hartford deserves a look before others. And wearing the C in Hartford doesn't earn you a spot on the big team, right Gernander? And in all honesty, the staff may be taking a good hard look at Pock to figure out if he has any future in the organization. Many of us speculate that next year's training camp is his last shot.
You can't teach having a nose for the net, especially if your talking about a d-man.. You usually have it or you don't... I think its easier to teach a player to improve defensively than it ever is to improve offensively... I'm not saying Pock is gonna turn out to be a great NHLer, but with that kind of offensive talent, I sure hope someone can teach him how to play defense... I don't see why all this crticism is deserved after one game played this year... Give him a chance to adjust... If after 10-20 games, he's still terrible, then I'd say it would be time to look elsewhere..