Thread: Video Ference vs Neal
View Single Post
Old
04-06-2012, 07:32 AM
The Kid

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
The guy is a stepping stone. So a Bruin gets cheapshotted and then he goes in and gets his butt kicked? Yea, message not received. That message is: You can cheapshot us, but we'll send a bad fighter after you in response. It would have sent a message if Lucic or McQuaid or even Boychuck fought Neal, but Ference? Uh uh. I don't think so. I'd cheapshot all day knowing that it would be Ference that I'd have to answer to.
He wouldn't answer to Lucic, Chara, Thornton, McQuaid... he didn't even want to go with Ference. Ference always steps in, no matter what, if he feels someone crosses the line. We have the luxury of seeing replays and watching the entire surface of the ice from the coach, players don't. They see something, perceive it, and react.

The message is that our players (Bruins) will hold you accountable. Doesn't matter who is on the ice when it happens. That is a stronger message than 90% of the teams in this league can send. Other teams send out their "enforcer" to police the issue after the fact... our guys drop 'em no matter what and knuckle up. The outcome is not nearly as important as the action, the message, the "team". And if you think he is a stepping stone, Adam Burish's eye socket would like to speak with you. Not saying Burish is some heavyweight, but don't spout out like Ference cannot hold his own by calling him a stepping stone. Did Neal handle Ference, yup... but that only matters to internet tough guys that do not fully comprehend how the game is played.

Such an ignorant post all around. Our team holds players accountable immediately. No one was "sent out in response"... Ference responded immediately. That's Bruins hockey.

The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote