10. Patrick Holland
11. Joonas Nattinen
12. Alexander Avtsin
13. Gabriel Dumont
14. Patrick Holland
you have holland twice, I know he had a good season and all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
I don't ever see Louis Leblanc being an impact player in the NHL but hopefully I am completely off base. He has hockey smarts but for a guy with a slight build he has neither breakaway speed nor nifty moves.

Not to say he won't become a solid NHL player but at the moment he looks like a third line player to me. He won't be a guy you build a franchise around
Leblanc was doing great in Hamilton at the start of the season, it's too bad the Habs had to put him on the yo-yo plan but we'll see how it impacts his development. Things weren't looking very good for Pacioretty after his first season in the NHL after an impressive showing in the AHL before getting called up too soon, not trying to compare the two but with Leblanc the kid has been a top scorer everywhere he's played despite not being overly strong, or quick. I really like his smarts but we'll see if it's enough to consistently put points on the board down the road (say 4-5 years). If not then he should be a solid 3rd liner at least because he works hard, is smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Maybe because I see him more than any of the other prospects I see a lot more mistakes, but there is just something off that doesn't sit well with me. He's gotten a lot better this year (last year I was disgusted with the pick after watching him) but I still think he's got along way to go.

However, ranking him behind those three isn't really a slap in the face. I think all three of those guys can become all around good defenseman where Tinordi will never have much of an offensive game.
I haven't seen a lot of him yet so I'm looking forward to seeing him take regular shifts with the Dogs next year, in the few times i've seen him I like what i've seen for the most part but I hope the Habs take it slow with him and give him proper time to develop in Hamilton. I don't see him having much of an offensive game either, I think he'll be a solid D in time for us but just how good we'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Beaulieu definetly belongs in the top spot.Watched him play with the Dogs again this season and he 's put on weight and has improved immensly. He will make the team next season.
I could see him getting in some games with the Habs next year but like Tinordi I hope they don't rush him and give him time in the AHL especially if we have a similiar team next year.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote