View Single Post
Old
04-06-2012, 10:28 AM
LateNightOilerFan

vCash: 500
Roli is the ultimate competitor and I hope he gets his year. He is not saying anything new to people, he has said for the last few years so long as he can land a contract he wants to play. I'm happy he still feels that way and that he still feels great. I'm willing to bet it would be a solid year too, since he is back to where he should have been all season and the last time he struggled he bounced back strong again.

I really don't see his struggles this season as age catching up to him. I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I think the circumstances of the season contributed to his struggles - not a full off-season of training, especially the 'dune running' he does, being paired with Garon again - for whatever reason those two cannot both play well at the same time, trying to make new drills/methods work to appease the coach(es), etc.

I do not think he will be re-signed by the Bolts though, unless they trade Garon and land a young starter, and even then it's very doubtful, but you never know. Hopefully other GM's will recognize he had two distinct seasons and when he finally got back to what he knew worked for him, and had a chance to grab the net again he responded quite well.

I don't think he's done, but if he is, at least he had the net back when he finished and deserved it.

LateNightOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote