View Single Post
Old
04-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Ginu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
It's reassuring to see how many quality bilingual names are out there rumoured to be either interviewed or candidates of interest for the position of Habs' GM.

For that reason, it's in my opinion absolutely no surprise to see that no one who doesn't speak French is making the list... and that's a good thing in this market.

As most here have agreed in the past, at similar talent/qualification, bilingualism should be a deciding factor and that's what we're seeing.

I'm excited by the process as there are several candidates who I feel might do a great job. It will all boil down to interviews, which candidate shares the same vision as the Savard/Molson tandem when it comes to style of players, coaches, etc.

Last but not least, it's ridiculous the thought that Pat Brisson is not qualified. People were saying the same about Mike Gillis in Vancouver as many fans were very concerned. You'd be hard pressed to find a Canucks' fan not happy with Gillis' decisions thus far, including when he spoke to Vigneault asking him to change his style of coaching and while providing him with players to play a more offensive system.
Deciding factor sure. First quality to separate candidates, I want to win. Communication can be learned, skills can't.