View Single Post
Old
04-06-2012, 10:50 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
I have been thinking about this for a while and I am not sure what our best option is. The way I see it is O'Byrne has solidified a top 4 position. He can anchor a pairing defensively. EJ is obviously a top 4 as well. Both play the right side. Hejda should be a top 4 guy, and hopefully he has a bounce back season next year and starts the year off better. We need 1 more top 4 left pairing defenseman. Ideally, IMO, to play with O'Byrne and help move the puck. I think at this point you need Hejda and EJ to make it work. Hejda and O'B had some success this year, but they turn the puck over way too often and get stuck in the d-zone for extended stretches.

Hejda EJ - They were awful together, but they need to make it work
????? O'Byrne - ? Needs to be a defensively capable puck mover, who can also work a PP.
Wilson ??? - I think the Avs need to look elsewhere for some defensive help on the PK. O'Brien has the tools to play that role, but he is too selfish.
Hunwick, Barrie, Elliott, Gaunce Battle royal for last spot.
ROB would benefit greatly if he has a top 4 Dman paired up with him. It's amazing what can happen to a guys game if he's paired with a capable player for that specific role.

One big positive is that EJ showed us he's going to be a premier defenseman in the NHL for years to come. Expect a huge season from him next year.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote