View Single Post
Old
04-06-2012, 11:54 AM
LateNightOilerFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Honestly, I love the guy but no matter how good he was the past few weeks at 43 (in October) I'd rather see him work as a trainer/coach with the team instead of playing.

New #1 + Roloson as backup? New #1 + Garon as backup or 1b sounds a lot better.
Re your first sentence, I think if he doesn't get a playing contract, coaching is definitely going to be part of his future. All the teams he's been on for the past decade, the Wild, the Oilers, the Isles and now the Bolts, fans feel he would be a fantastic goalie coach because of his work ethic and the fact that he has battled to get where he is and to be able to play for so long. His training regime is top-notch. He has a lot he could pass along to help a young goalie be clutch and focussed, especially in the playoffs.

Re your second sentence, if history holds true, Garon will struggle next year, and if given a chance, Roli will do well. Not saying that's how it will go down, just basing that on history. The key is bringing in a #1 goalie who the Bolts can rely upon for the future, so that should be the focus anyway. I suspect they will keep Garon and focus on that other goalie.

LateNightOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote