View Single Post
Old
04-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Minor Boarding

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Wow, I thought I was a fanatic but for those of you that are still mad about last night's game, you really need to get over it.

I am more amused over the whole thing myself.

I guess maybe its because I'm older and have had more than my share of disappointments over the years with the Kings, that this kind of game really didn't bother me so much...you just kind of get used to it, its hockey, after all.

I got to see the tripping penalty on Kopitar in the third period on TV this morning...guess it really was a trip, although barely...and as Jim Fox said, Kopitar didn't argue the call. So we were all mad over a legit call by the ref.

Clearly, the refs had a bad game last night. But let's face it, it wasn't intentional on their part. If they are incompetent, then they are incompetent. A supervisor was at the game, so they are definitely going to hear about it. If its anything like other sports, they will be penalized for the crappy game by not getting to do as many playoff games as they would have.

One thing is for sure: at least one of the refs' eyes should be on the puck carrier. I can understand the linesman focusing on the blue lines; after all, that is their main responsibility. But the referees just have to have one eye on the puck carrier.

That part really baffles me.
Kopitar (almost) never complains about the calls (good or bad) so there's that.

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote