View Single Post
Old
04-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Agree. I would like to remind some people about one of the worst trades in the NHL history... 1996-Mar-20 Craig Patrick traded Markus Naslund from the Pittsburgh Penguins to Vancouver Canucks for Alek Stojanov.

Also you can look at some of his 1st round selections. Stefan Bergkvist, Chris Wells, Craig Hillier, Robert Dome, Milan Kraft, Konstantin Koltsov...
First rounders...Jamie Heward, Jaromir Jagr, Markus Naslund, Martin Straka, Stefan Bergqvist, Chris Wells, Aleksey Morozov, Craig Hillier, Robert Dome, Milan Kraft, Konstantin Koltsov, Brooks Orpik, Colby Armstrong, and then all those top-5 picks.

Naslund was traded before coming close to hitting his potential. Jagr fell into Pittsburgh's collective laps; there used to be an Iron Curtan Factor instead of a Russian Factor, and Petr Nedved went to Vancouver (2nd overall) because he'd played in the WHL in his draft year.

Want to know how different NHL history can look as a result of one move? Imagine Vancouver with a top line of Pavel Bure and Jaromir Jagr on the wings with Igor Larionov up the middle.

The suggestion was made (pre-edit) that Johansen needs to be dumped before the value of that 19-year-old elite prospect drops further. Well damn, who better to make that deal than the guy who dumped Markus Naslund for someone whose lack of talent made Chris Wells look like an all-star?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Wow, amazingly condescending garbage. We've been doing much better in later round recently. At least with getting someone that has potential. Howson is involved in that and I am the original member and founder of the "Howson blows" committee.

I may not think highly of Howson, but let's not become so blinded that we can no longer remain objective.
Two games ago, there were no less than three of Howson's 6th-rounders in the lineup: Allen York, Cam Atkinson, and Dalton Prout. The only of MacLean's 6th-rounders to ever play an NHL game are Marc Methot and Jaroslav Balastik.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote