View Single Post
Old
04-06-2012, 04:21 PM
countrcultur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Because gm's and coaches likes em big. Whether they use it or not. Reinhart uses his size and plays physical at times, but he is not a dominant physical player. That's probably what frustrates those that watch him the most I would say.

But if you compare the three, you arent getting any/much physicality from Murray. Dumba is the most physical, but people worry about his size and the ability to play that game in the nhl. Personally I dont think its much of an issue because Dumba brings so many other things to the table, namely his ability to carry the puck and attack the offensive zone.

Reinhart has the potential to stand up to the rigors of the nhl purely based on his frame. And despite the claims of some, he does use his size in puck battles, in front of the net, and along the boards. He does lay some pretty heavy/big hits too.
I agree with you assessment of his play and he does use his size well in the defensive zone, but having watched them all a number of times I would consider him a 2way defenseman and not on the level of dumba or Murray.

As far as standing up to the NHL I think dumba is the most athletic and durable, he has been playing 30 mins a game and plays a fast physical game and has held up very well, better than the other two so I don't see that as a concern. He will be 6 foot or better and over 200 pounds in the NHL.

Dumba will go before reinhart, Murray should too.

countrcultur is offline   Reply With Quote