View Single Post
Old
04-06-2012, 05:26 PM
yianik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
When he was fired we were right on the doorstep of the playoffs in spite of a horrible start. There is no reason why we couldn't have.
I believe JM was largely responsible for mishandling many of our young guys be it because they couldnt live up to his rigid system or had some attitude and he couldnt or wouldnt deal with it other than by not playing the player or putting them on the bottom line while playing 4th liners on PP and top 6. Also, his personality was of a petty, snide, arrogant sarcastic person which Im guessing isnt conducive in getting the most out of your players. Examples, early in the season and AK was doing well and JM was asked why he figured AK was playing good and he said contract year. Why say something like that, why belittle a player playing well ? Also of course was the reporter asking about Cole not being on the PP and him giving that condescending smile and lecturing her on doing research. Well we know how Cole is on the PP.
I think JM would have driven more players out of the Habs because A GM doesnt have much choice other than to move guys if the coach wont play them. So for me, even if it meant making the play-offs, keeping JM was too high a price to pay.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote