View Single Post
Old
04-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Aceekay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
1- have you taken a close look at St.Louis's top 9?

2- the point is that we are "close", and that adding an elite top-6 forward is one of the holes we need to fill.

add 25g/60+pt forward to the top-6, and all of a sudden that's a very good top-9.

3- Pleks-DD-Eller is far from horrible. Eller & DD will more than likely continue to improve (imo Eller will make a big jump over the next 1-2 years), and while it lacks the mythical "superstar big Centre", that trio is more than strong enough for the team to be in contention.
1. Are you kidding me? St.Louis' top 9 is great, David Perron, David Backes, T.J. Oshie, Patrick berglund, steen, stewart arnott. Those are some of the best defensive forwards in the game playing in a very defensive system, of course none of them are gonna have exceptional offensive seasons. People said the exact same thing about Boston's top 9 last year.

2. thing is were racing against the clock Markov and Cole and to a lesser extent Plekanec, are all very important pieces to our team moving forward but they're all on the tail end of their career. It could take 3-5 years for our top 3 draft pick to develop and become an effective top 6 player, same goes for players like gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi,Ellis, Bournival and Leblanc.

3. No number one center, I know a lot of people think Desharnais can be a number one center, I just don't think he is capable of being a legit number one. Furthermore I don't even consider patches/desharnais/cole a first line I think of them more as a good 2nd line. I know you think we don't need a true number one center to be a good team and i respect that and to an extent I agree with that, however Plekanec needs to show he can produce offensively on a more consistent bases, then again he does need better line mates. And if eller is to develop into a 50+ point two way center he needs to play with better line mates (just like plekanec) and he also needs more ice time. Which leads me to believe Plekanec should be traded, why? because he's valuable now, and eller needs start developing now.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote