View Single Post
Old
11-18-2003, 08:11 PM
Hossa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan
Let's see, Sergei Berezin and his 23 goals in 2002-2003, or Matthais Norstrom and his 0 goals in 2002-2003. hmmmmmmmmmm, that's a toughy. I think I'll take the 20+ minute a game defenseman who's a team captain over the one dimensional and now UFA forward. You'd think if his value was so high he'd have been snapped up by now, considering his asking price is likely dropping by the minute.
While I agree the proposal is silly, and I don't see the point for it anyways, White is a vastly superir player to Berezin. White can also set them up, whereas Berezin is one of the worst (and more unenthusiastic) passers around. White is also a very good defensive forward who has played the PK his entire Sens career. Berezin on the other hand, is also terrible defensively. If you are comparing Sergei Berezin to Todd White, then you don't know that much about Todd White.

It's really all pointless anyways. Atlanta needs Exelby more than White, and I personally think we need White more than Exelby. GIving up a second line center for what would be OUR 6th defenceman isn't the type of deal I feel inclined to make. Exelby is better than a 6th defenceman, but it's unlikely he'll ever be higher on our depth chart than any of Redden, Chara, Phillips, Rachunek or Volchenkov.