Old
04-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
It was an article for the Gazette. He pulled his punches. Also some convenient times to point out how HE changed PK. Fairly obvious point IMO, although once again, the fallacy that we are a small team. We're not. In fact we've lost more good skill, small size skill to mediocre skill with size. And then of course getting rid of someone who had both (AK). Did he not notice we got Geoffrion and Bourque. Say what you want about them, but he says that we keep going for smaller guys. Not since awhile.
It's not exactly false. Sure, Habs added players that are over 6'0 and that's great and all, but the problem still remains that this team does not play with enough nastiness. It was nice to see White get in there and protect his goalie, but how often does that happen? Not very and even less when the Habs are down by a goal or two. Too many times have I seen this team hang their heads down when a goal is scored on them. It's as if they stopped caring and don't even bother to take care of the little things, i.e. getting crushed in corners, having their goalie run at, etc...

By physical stature, the Habs are not small. They still play small though. There is nothing big about Bourque losing virtually every puck battle when he's on the ice. There is nothing tough about having opponents swarm your goaltender after a whistle and nothing is done about it.

That's where I agree with Cherry on his point of having a small team and taking a page out of the Bruins book.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote