View Single Post
Old
04-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Velociraptor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Oh yeah, I don't get that either.
I don't know if it's the worst assembled, but it's definitely getting very overrated in my opinion.

Quote:
First Line: I like that you have Denneny and Nighbor together, and it's two thirds of a good defensive line. But I don't think Balderis fits on this line at all, he was much more of a puck carrier, and that definitely takes away from Nighbor's really sole strong offensive attribute, playmaking. Balderis is a good scorer, but I really don't think you're going to get his full ability on this line, although with two good defensive players it will cover for a lot of his mistakes.
I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as most people here, but from a general standpoint and what I know from these players. The above is my reasoning for the line not being extremely well-assembled, perhaps I should pick another line to coin 'worst-assembled' but I think that it should be noted this is not among the stronger first lines in the draft. Call me crazy but this is a opinionated thread, and this is what I see. Also, I misinterpreted Denneny's defensive play, he is physical but as explained earlier, nothing special defensively, which again brings down the defensive value of the line.

Sorry for not opening my eyes, Bobrov - Cowley - Bauer is a brutally assembled line. I would've kept Starshinov and Larionov.

Last edited by Velociraptor: 04-06-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote