View Single Post
Old
04-06-2012, 11:14 PM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post
I don't get why people are against taking a defenseman that much. I mean, what has been our biggest weakness this season? Obviously, we have some good depth coming up in that department, and Markov missed a large portion of the season, but if some of those prospects down pan out, or if Markov isn't back on top of his game next season... what do we do?

We can't expect to be a successful playoff team with that kind of defense. Markov will probably be gone by the end of his current contract, so we need another legit top pairing guy we can put with Subban, because no, Gorges, Emelin or anybody in this line-up is not currently a legit top pairing guy. Beaulieu might become one. Hell, even Tinordi and Ellis have a shot. But we can't know for sure.

Of course, I want the sexy pick as well, but it might not be possible if we draft 3rd or 4th, and it might even be for the better in the long run. Who knows how things will turn out.
I'm not ready to waive the white flag on Grigorenko yet, we're being too emotional about this. What if he roars back next game with 2 goals and MacKinnon gets shut down? Let's see what happens on that front.

Now, in the likely scenario that we DO take Murray (and ignore Forsberg and Galchenyuk altogether), then I want us to get an other 1st round pick somehow and draft Gaunce or an other big centerman.