Thread: Speculation: CBJ coach next year
View Single Post
Old
04-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Doug19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Is that honestly that bad with this sad excuse of a team, coupled with probably around 200 man games lost?
It isn't that bad when you consider who we've had to ice at times, but I really don't think it has anything to do with Richards. It has to do with the young, unpredictable, hungry guys coming up from the AHL and plying hard, it has to do with Jack Johnson stabilizing the blue line, and most importantly the goalies have started to play better. The defense as a whole hasn't really gotten much better in my opinion, still give up a lot of quality chances, but now the goalies are stopping them on a more consistent basis (one game a week now instead of one game every two weeks). I don't even believe that Richards has a system even in place. He certainly isn't great at managing his players time on ice; I think that the fact that we have won 17 games since January instead of 10 is just because we were bound to eventually win a few. Richards is a jackass, I won't believe that he will actually be given a shot at the job in the offseason, it's not like he has done anything really other than letting them just go out and play, which wouldn't be the case if he is given the offseason to install a system, and that will work out so well, I mean it did for Minnesota...