View Single Post
Old
04-07-2012, 02:14 AM
harpoon
FOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
I also don't see how anyone could say Gregor's show is better. Maybe if you like talking about the Rush and Desperate Housewives for hours on end. It's just not good radio. Say what you will about Tencer, his topics of the day are almost always exactly what the fans are interesting in hearing about.
Same here. Gregor's show just wasn't interesting anymore so I stopped listening about two years ago.

Definitely agree with the bolded . Tencer actually uses his show to cover the hockey topics people want to hear about. Gregor (in the past when I listened pretty regular) is prone to spend half the show talking about himself and other non-hockey related topics like the Rush and Desperate Housewives.

As far as being a shill for the Oilers - no one even comes close to touching Stauffer in that department. Tencer and Brown are negative Nancys by comparison.

He may look like a dork and people can probably rightfully rip on him because he's immature sometimes on Twitter or in open letters to opponents fans , and it could even be said that he's heading down the Gregor road when he spends too much airtime on his latest road rage story or talking about his "girlfriend" .... but he still puts out the best hockey show in Edmonton imo.

Now that may be an indictment of the competition as much as a feather in his cap, but I suspect those folks hoping to see him fired/gone are going to be left feeling a bit like the sad sack posters here who just can't accept that Gagner is still on the team .